Tuesday 8 December 2015

what do I want to be when I'm older?

Hi,
So today I was really stuck on what to post for you guys, I asked someone who reads my blog for ideas, not mentioning disability, and she said what about 'what do you want to be when you are older?' And the more I think about it, I see that disability advocacy comes into my future quite frequently.

Mainly,I sort of want to be a disability writer, maybe on this blog or something bigger even, I feel that in this day and age and in the future,media will be a key way to voice my opinions because quite frankly not many people will fully take me seriously, whether that's because my speech is slightly impaired or they don't understand what I'm on about ,when I speak in front of them- it's always been that way and for the foreseeable future I don't see much change too that sadly. But blogging is something that even if it's not my main job it's going to be a side project (also 2500+ views WOW!) the more I write on here, the more confidence I gain which is vital if I want to be a somebody one day.

Also, I feel that people can read this blog,let it sink in but then forget the message. This is probably because most of the people reading this don't know me so they don't have that association with the fact that there is a person who writes this instead of a robot, meaning that they don't have a personal connection between me and them away from the blog. That is why I want to when I'm older, maybe even now, talk to people about disability for example the ways of patronising people, how to act around disabled people and the fact we are the same as anyone else. 

Even if it is just my own school that I may have a talk with, it will hopefully mean that people can put themselves in our shoes and they will have a better understanding of disability because its not taught that much at schools today, so when it comes down to it my generation won't have a proper understanding and that's when the problems start for many people.

So I bet you weren't expecting that, but that's what I want to do! It may not be a 'proper' job in some people's minds but I guess I want to make a living out of something I can't change about myself which is understandable when you have to put up with it every day,you may as well.

Byeeeeee 

No comments:

Post a Comment