Wednesday 25 November 2015

awkward arm anecdotes

Hi,

So today I don't feel like writing a serious post on disability rights and stuff like that so I've decided instead to tell you some tales about my psycho right arm. Why not? 

Okay then, imagine the scene, year 7 me in PE. I was parked at the end of the bench in my chair and to my right one of my friends was sitting next to me on my right hand-side. She was happily talking to another girl in our class; I don't really remember what I was doing. Then my arm began to jerk about a bit and WHACK! I bumped her on the head. Looking back on that,it really molded our friendship in a weird way and we now see the funny side of it but she does seem a bit terrified when my arm jerks nowadays :\ . 

One of the most memorable things my arm has ever done (and not for a good reason) was on the morning of my 11th birthday. By morning I mean 5-stupid-AM. So obviously my arm wanted to wish me a happy birthday and the best way to do that,in it's mind,was to knock over a cup of freezing ice cold water all over me. Surely NOTHING says happy birthday like that, thanks psycho arm thanks a lot! 

Another thing which makes me laugh about my arm is that I honestly have no control over it at all really,so in lessons it can jerk in the air and look as if I want to ask a question. with student or supply teachers especially, they assume I want something so they say 'yes,Ruthie?' and I'm like 'Sorry,wrong arm' and they look really confused and inside, at this point,I'm laughing my head off.

So there is 3 different arm stories and I have plenty more. Hope you enjoyed them. 

Byeeeee 

1 comment:

  1. At last I have found your blog again. Ruthie i'ts fabulous, made me smile.

    ReplyDelete