Friday 6 November 2015

The Hairy bikers!!!!!!!

Hi,

Tonight (06/11/15), I met two of my cooking heroes who I can only describe as 'two northern blokes' ............The legendary hairy bikers!

You may not know this about me, but I LOVE to cook/bake/create random things in the kitchen. Anything between a Victoria sponge to my own chili recipe whenever I get the chance I'm doing something in there, like now I'm writing this post in my kitchen.

So This morning, at school, I completely forgot I was going to see them and in RE my arm was playing up and it set the tone for the rest of the school day: rubbish :(
When I got home, to be honest I was feeling (well I'm not going to swear but you probably get the word I would use) Anyway Mum had a massive grin on her face, so I asked her why and she said two words 'hairy bikers' and almost instantly I felt better.

So at mums Uni the bikers were doing this book tour I guess for their autobiography 'blood sweat & tyres' and they told lots of stories from in the book ad one really touched me.         

The story was about Dave's Mum, when he was a boy his mum was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and sort of became a young carer with his Dad for her.  This was really eyeopening for me because my mum is disabled as well as me and if there is no carer or anything I help out doing stuff that she can't necessarily do and vice versa, so it was really nice for Dave to talk a little bit about it. its something that's really stuck in my mind and made be think that anyone could be in a similar situation as you - even a TV cook! 
I suppose you should never judge a book by its cover

thanks for reading, 

Byeeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment