Wednesday 6 April 2016

A poem: them

Hi,

So something  you may not know about me is that I like to write poems. I don't know why but I just do, and they are probably all really bad and cringey. They are mostly just random and I just write, likewise with blogging, and basically see what happens to be honest. 

This Poem is quite deep and it is basically my view on the UK government and what they are doing within the disabled community, although it doesn't really portray that very well.

So here is my attempt of a poem:

Them
By the CP blogger/Ruthie Hayward

They label me,
categorically organise me,
They place me in the suffocating box afar from my reality,
They are afraid of my definition chains,
of my difference from the norm in our corrupt society,

Their propaganda says we aren't pure and idealistic perfection,
So we are to blame for their criminal inflictions,
That we brought it on ourselves,

The knife of their cuts, their first weapon of choice,
Some are stranded- without a voice,
Alone and abandoned by our leaders,
A running man without sneakers,

How on earth did they get power,
And when so many are suffering in the darkest hours,
The hardships my community face,
Well, we can't keep up with your sick game of chase,

They will continue to label me,
To categorically organise me,
They will carry on to place me in the suffocating box afar from my reality,
They still are afraid of my definition chains,
Of my differences,
Of what makes me me,
The D word,

And you have no idea,
Because of them,
You have no idea.


I hope you like it,

Byeeeeeeeee

2 comments:

  1. Ruth you are a genius! I love this. Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! This is really good Ruthie, has your english teacher seen this?

    ReplyDelete