Sunday 14 February 2016

COMPETITIVE sports............

Hi,

Disclaimer: Yes this post may offend but I really don't care! The whole concept of blogging is to voice your opinions online and that's exactly what I am doing- I'm not going to hide anything in this post or hold back and it's my opinion so I am not really going to apologise. 

Right now that is out of the way, lets get on with the post..... 

So a few months ago I wrote about PE and whether or not I like it; that all still stands and I enjoy it so much fun  but there's only one thing that I despise about the subject- the competition side of it. I'm not trying to diss really sporty people or anything but from a kid with CP point of view it sucks.

My school's PE department is brilliant and they try to include me in every sport they can and I'm really grateful for that. but that's the staff and quite frankly speaking they are paid to do that, it's part of the job really. What annoys me though, is that the kids are less open minded about that sort of stuff, particularly some girls in set one. These girls are my friends but when sport is involved, to be honest they only care for winning.

I think I first really realised this when my set and their set joined up with one another for a lesson, a teacher was probably off and it was the easiest thing to do. Anyway to make it fair, the teacher decided to mix the sets up for the teams. The majority of the people on my team were from the top set so it was bound to be competitive, I knew that, it's obvious.

I'm not the most sporty of people there is but I try my damn hardest, I'll give myself that. I also am not the most competitive person if I lose, so what?  But I noticed that, especially,the set one girls practically treat me as if I were invisible. At first I shrugged it off but they kept on doing it by then I was really annoyed and left our game to sit out. Not one of them battered an eyelid ; they just carried on. 


My PE teacher saw me sitting out and came over to make sure I was all right, thinking about this now she'd only taught me for a couple of months and still knew when I was angry/annoyed- the power of blogger huh, anyway she could see i was upset about it and asked why and said this was extremely out of character for me, I told her-by then I was almost in tears,almost.

The thing that hurt most was that, if me and one of those girls were in a science class together, they would listen to me and include me. Yet in sports I'm a liability and a burden, a barrier stopping them from winning so they toss me aside and exclude me. I get that I am slow, I limp and that I have a walking stick, I've known this for nearly 13 years now, but that certainly doesn't mean I am incapable of thinking strategically or throwing a ball! My brain works okay it's just my body that doesn't cooperate fully. And what's even worse- they know it!


That's what I hate about competitive sports with people who don't know how I 'work', no one includes us,we are ignored unless someone more senior interferes and we are practically placed on the subs bench.

By the way, we ended up coming second (karma is a powerful vessel ;-) 

Next week we start competition block in PE and yes we are going to be joining up again, I have spoken about people who I work well with to my teacher and I looked at the board of teams on the Friday we broke up- no one,who will include me without me explaining Is on my team, I've told the top set teacher and we'll see what happens.

But of course you can tell, I can't wait! Jk

Byeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment