Thursday 4 February 2016

Disability dating

Hi,


So this is a topic I'm not familiar with at all: dating people when you have a disability. I'm no expert on this, I've never experienced it but it's a hurdle most disabled people have so that's why I'm writing about it.

Where to start? Well I once read that 95% of abled-bodied people age between 14-21 would never think of dating a physically disabled person. That's terrible. Why? I mean just because we have a wheelchair or whatever it makes us practically undateable.

Another thing that show 'the undateable' which has mostly some kind of person with disabilities on it, always makes me annoyed as we are HUMAN beings and are dateable it is just society's closed mind saying we aren't.

Anyway and everyone says it isn't all about looks but it is! Yeah you might be attracted to their intelligence; surely you have to be attracted by the way they look a little bit, everyone is.its so sad really that great people get turned down just because of their physical appearance. Arrrrrggghhhhhh!!! Why is everyone so close minded???????????

I have a friend at school who has a disability (I don't know what it is) and he is in a wheelchair and he's being going out with this girl for about a year and everything was fine, I think, and she dumped him. Her reason to him? Because he has a disability and it was pointless because of that. I mean what? Is it pointless when they first got together? Surely not as she wouldn't have stayed with him. I simply don't get it if that's the only reason they split.  And that has annoyed me, a lame excuse. In my opinion it doesn't even add up. I really don't know why what how. But it's not right at all.

Sorry it's a bit short

Byeeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment