Thursday 27 August 2015

I am Inspired by Kim

Hi,

Now this post is a post that comes from my heart because I have been involved with IBK for 2 years and I see the wonderful work they do when ever I’m going to a workshop or group or family tea etc. IBK is an organisation which helps include families with a young person who is disabled into groups for both child and parent and most importantly give them a voice to the outside world. IBK stands for inspired by Kim who was the founder of the organisation, Pippa Murray’s, late son-who was disabled. Having the experience of being   mum of a disabled person, Pippa knows that with the right support makes all the difference, so she started IBK.

Personally, I want to thank IBK for helping me feel confident in my disability and treating me like you would any other child. I feel I need to give a special thanks to Pippa, Gabriella and keria for having the drive and energy to help grow IBK into a thing that impacts so many people’s lives, because for some parents who care for their child most of the time, IBK gives them a well need break by letting the young person, no matter what disability, participate in the groups.  I feel like after a group the young people are happy and have felt included.

IBK is more of a community than anything else. You really feel this when you go to a family tea, which are held every 6 to 8 week. As soon as you walk in the room there are people chatting and eating curries and pizza. (Not together who would eat that- well Shaun does sometimes. He is a PA to someone by the way!) Anyway the word community sums up IBK  as a whole: the trips, the groups, the families, the people who volunteer and the full time workers all come together as a community, simple yet it changes lives.
Check out the website: http://www.ibkinitiatives.com/home
Byeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment