Sunday 12 July 2015

SEN :/

Hi,

RANT TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you might know I really don't like the term SEN(aka special educational needs). Personally I feel that in the society we are taught not to label people as one thing or another,so why is it in schools perfectly acceptable to label children with physical or mental disabilities? 

Now I know that the term SEN mostly used between teachers so they can give the right support etc, but I my opinion it makes me more self conscious about how I act in school,like for example- when on earth do you hear about a SEN kid questioning what the teacher just said? Ok,that time in science was different, but anyway its not very often, and I Think I Know why it is because people think that just because you are disabled it means you are introverted and to be honest a little bit thick and psychology proves that if a lot of people around  you think something, you are going start believing it too, so in theory  if people who work around disable people and assume that they are introverted then most likely the disabled person is going to believe that they are. so what im trying to say is the SEN term is holding disable children back. 

Is this really ok? comment what you think down in the comments bar, I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Byeeeeeeeeeeee        

1 comment:

  1. SEN should be counted as offensive because it is saying that you're not good enough for anything and ur dumb Ruthie u proved them wrong. Sc/a1

    ReplyDelete