Saturday 13 June 2015

London town!

Hi,

This post is going to be about when I went to London with a group called IBK,which is a Sheffield-based group which provides young people with disabilities with groups and a support network of people who know that having or caring for someone with a disability is like.
Rant time! Ok then, over all the trip was great but there was one incident that,for me,soured the trip a little.So we were walking to the Natural History Museum and we were walking past a few stalls selling stuff on the way there. One boy in the group shall we call him 'Gary'? (I'm great at thinking of names as you can see!) Well, 'Gary' has some sort of autism and is sight impaired as well I think because he carries a white stick, I'm not sure though don't quote me,anyway His exact Disability isn't that important to this story. So where was I, the group was walking by the little stall things, with 'Gary' leading the pack with his carer next to him- we had to turn around because we missed a crossing or something, as we turn around 'Gary' fell into a stall and knocked the scale bowl on the floor by accident. The guy running the stall went absolutely ballistic! The guy on the stall was effing and blinding at poor 'Gary's' Carer and saying " THIS BOWL COST £500" and "YOU BETTER KEEP AN EYE ON HIM!" ect. I think 'Gary' was very distressed after this happened. The stall guy I think was very immature because that 'Gary' had Autism and that fact that someone with that  condition could lash out or something. It angers me that people don't even have a basic understanding about disability, especially store/shop/market sellers. That said, this is a small percentage of people.

Rant over 

bye 
               

No comments:

Post a Comment